There is absolutely nothing better than brownies when the chocolate craving hits. These yummy cakey brownies are not only healthy, contain no refined sugar but has a vegetable! Now your brownie indulgence can be a guilt-free pleasure.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 2 Tablespoons of honey (optional if you want it a little sweeter)
- 1 shot of espresso
- 9 large medjool dates (pitted)
- 1 whole grated courgette
- 1 Tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs and 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup nut butter (almond, hazelnut, or cashew)
- 2 oz. dark chocolate(85%)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (70grams)
- Optional toppings to put on once out of the oven: I added a layer of Sweet Freedom Chocolate shot and a sprinkle of chopped nuts and desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven to 175C
- Cut up parchment paper to cover a 8 x8 in. pan
- Mix all dry ingredients and set aside
- Grate the courgette and take a cheese cloth or dish towel to wring out the water
- In a high power blender or food processor, mix honey, dates, eggs, and nut butter till smooth
- Bring a small pot filled with 1/3 water to boil and place a smaller heat resistant bowl to heat up the coconut oil and chocolate. Mix with wet ingredients when melted through.
- Add courgette into the wet ingredients. (alternatively if you are really trying to be sneaky, peel the skin, and blend it with the wet ingredients and no one is the wiser)
- Mix wet ingredients with dry and pour into pan.
Bake for approx 25-30 minutes(it should have a little give when you press you thumb into the middle). These are also freezer friendly, wrap them up in wax paper and keep for another day.