Wanting to make a salad similar in flavours to what I had at Staple Foods, I attempted to make my version of Sweet Chilli Sauce. the result was perfection with no refined white sugar.
Homemade Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 3 large garlic gloves
- 1T of Chilli paste or fresh serrano chillies
- 1/3 C of White Wine Vinegar
- 3/4 C of Water
- 1/2 C xylitol
- 1/2 T Salt
- 1T cornstarch
- 2T cold water
- Blend all ingredients except cornstarch and 2 T of water on heat medium heat until dissolved.
- Blend cornstarch and water until dissolved before putting it into the pot (Warning: not mixing the cornstarch before dropping into the pot will result in lumps)
- Once it thickens, pour out into a glass jar and cool.
My salad consisted of celeriac, carrots, cucumber, and courgettes, topped with chopped cilantro. This salad can be eaten as a Vegan salad. For those who want protein, you may add firm tofu, grilled chicken, steak, burgers would go nicely with this salad.
Here is a version of what we had for dinner last night…