Most people groan about Mondays but I love them. Its a new start to the week and who know what can happen?Here is a nice Matcha Smoothie to start your week…
Monday Matcha Smoothie
- 100 gram of frozen passion fruit(if using fresh, juice of 2 passion fruit)
- 1/4 organic cucumber
- handful of spinach
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Spirulina powder
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Matcha powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups of almond milk (coconut milk is very nice as well
*In addition, you can add 1/2 avocado to add good-fats that will keep you full longer.
Blend and enjoy!
It seems I’ve been on a bit of an espresso kick since my husband got an espresso machine. Today’s smoothie is a perfect meal replacement for those days on the go.
I love it because it gives a hint of natural sweetness from the dates, a bit of salt from the peanut butter, and the tofu adds to the creaminess & thickness of the smoothie.
- 1/2 box of non GMO firm tofu
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 T of Meriden peanut butter
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 t of Ultimate Green Powder (optional)
- 1/2 t of Nua Vanilla Powder
- 5 dates
- 1 huge handful of ice
Blend in a high power blender or a good stick blender. Enjoy!
Sorry I’m late with Wednesday smoothie, I was busy prepping for a vegetarian Chinese New Year dinner tonight.
But here is my new favorite smoothie, I got hubby’s thumb’s up for this too! And he’s a picky customer. 😉 He’s not typically a fan of my green smoothies.
- 1 shot of espresso
- 5 dates, pitted(I like to soak them over-night in the espresso for flavor and to soften them up a bit)
- 1 t of Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup of Coconut milk
- handful of ice cubes
Blend for a nice treat!
Here is my second “greener version”
Green Caffeine Machine
- 1 shot of espresso
- 5 dates, pitted(pre-soaked in the espresso)
- 1 t of raw cocoa powder(I used Nua)
- 1/2 t of cinnamon(I threw the cinnamon & cocoa powder in with the espresso and dates to pre-soak overnight)
- 1 t of Chia seeds
- 1.5 C of Coconut Milk
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 t of Ultimate Green Powder
- handful of ice
Blend! You should still find the taste of espresso with everything healthy masked under it. Hubby didn’t even know it was good for him!
This morning after an hour of kettle bell swings, pistol squat foundation, and Animal Flow, I really needed a smoothie with substance.
- A bunch of kale(pre-washed, and in the freezer)
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 5 ml chia seeds
- 5 ml raw cocoa powder
- 5 ml green powder
- 2.5 ml matcha powder
- 30ml of Meriden peanut butter
- 2.0 ml of vanilla powder
- coconut milk
Blend til smooth. Serves 2.
Reprinted from my Fitnessbump blog.
During pregnancy, we are told to eat many different foods to help grow a healthy baby.
Although many of us think we are eating healthy, we may not be telling ourselves the truth. Think about this, what did you eat in your last meal? Did it contain a fish high in omega 3s? Something that had vitamin c? Or vitamin d? Did you have any vegetables and iceberg lettuce does not count as it contains little nutritional value. Did you have bread that was rich in fiber and was wholegrain?
A Perfect Smoothie to start off 2015 right
So what are the benefits of ginger?! They have anti-inflammatory properties, helps improve absorption of essential nutrients, and aids in digestion among other fantastic things.
½ cup, 1 cup of coconut water
¼ cup of frozen peas
8 ml chia seeds
5 slices of raw ginger
5 tablespoons of yogurt