I love to have applesauce in my house. It dresses up plain yogurt, oatmeal, and great sugar substitute in baked goods. Plus, I love to add it into my smoothies. Here is a recipe favorite from The Pioneer Woman Cooks.
Recipe Modified from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- 6 pounds Apples, Peeled, Cored, And Cut Into 8 Slices
- 1 cup Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- Juice Of 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon ginger(an optional ingredient, depends on your taste)
- 1/4 loosely packed dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon, More Or Less To Taste
- 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes.
Carefully puree in a food processor or blender (don’t fill too full; split into two portions if needed) until smooth.
Store in the fridge!